SECONDARY BILLS FOR THE 2016 CAMPAIGN
2016 Healthcare Reform Bill
- Revoke Public Law 111-148, popularly referred to as "Obamacare"
- Caps on doctor/hospital/pharmaceutical liability; federal government investigates and publicizes complaints; doctor organizations standardize practices for common procedures; consumer advocacy groups publish average costs for procedures and doctor/hospital consumer satisfaction ratings.
- Living wage includes healthcare benefit
- Health & Retirement Savings Account (owned by employee) automatically deducted from pay as % of income and number of dependents; employee pays minor health bills from this; unused health savings spill into retirement savings.
- Catastrophic health/disability/long term care private insurance premiums paid by employer, cap determined by % of full time employment (no greater than $XM/person portable lifetime cap)
- Private insurance pays all non-cosmetic, non-recreational patient-approved healthcare bills between deductible and cap; patient budgets lifetime healthcare dollars. Medicare pays private catastrophic insurance premiums (with lifetime cap) for retirees and disabled but insureds must pay annual minimum deductible and budget lifetime healthcare dollars; medicaid pays for indigent retirees and disabled who are over cap.
- Unemployed use retirement savings, free clinics run by non-profits, or appeal to charity for medical funding.
2016 Fairtax Bill
- National consumption (sales) tax replaces federal income tax
- ALL federal taxes on income GONE
- Payroll withholding GONE
- IRS & its invasive tax code GONE
- Loopholes GONE
- NO tax on USED goods
- NO tax on BUSINESS purchases
- Embedded taxes (payroll, corporate income taxes) on goods and services GONE
- Tax rate of 23% equal to existing embedded taxes so cost of goods and services DON'T INCREASE
- Taxpayers choose how much tax they wish to pay by moderating their spending habits!
- Prebate of sales taxes equal to 23% of poverty level for every legal household so no legal citizen pays sales taxes at that level. [Idea: change the IRS into TRS (Tax Refund Service) that keeps records on households which voluntarily sign up for the rebate].
- Retail stores and service providers collect tax (paid for this service), who give it to states (paid for this service), who give it to federal treasury.